Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to TDM aka The Devil's Music Magazine!

Welcome!

The Devil’s Music Magazine is not so much a magazine as it is my little spot out here to express my thoughts and opinions on music. I tend to focus on what I regard to be rock n’ roll, i.e., blues-based guitar-oriented rock, hard rock, glam, and metal. Being something of an older fuck, you may find that I may compare some newer local or national to older rockers such as Guns N’ Roses, Aerosmith, Van Halen, etc. In addition, I may veer into other genre territory, such as punk, rockabilly, industrial, and the like. This does not mean, however, that I am not open to new blood. On the contrary, I LOVE discovering new bands, especially digging local bands rocking the Northern California/SF Bay/South Bay/Central Valley area.

I may even revisit some classic releases from great bands, as something of a refresher, because sometimes it is cool to go back and check out the those who laid the groundwork for everyone else…

This blog will include pictures, both those I take as well as those from the band’s site(s), reviews of CD releases as well as of live shows I am lucky to be able to get to check out. I plan to write and post as often as possible, at least once per week, with opinion/editorial-style pieces if nothing else, so please check back often.

I also plan on leaving the comments functionality open in order to hear suggestions from everyone out there about bands you feel I should check out. So don’t be shy, but also keep in mind that ripping comments serve no useful or helpful purpose and will be deleted at my discretion. Basically, it’s my fucking page and if I don’t like what you have to say then your comment(s) are getting toasted. But in a loving way.

So sit back, strap in, subscribe, share, and please let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing your comments, suggestions, and recommendations!


Vaya con Diablos ~

Sean Patrick Thompson aka DevilBoy

No comments:

Post a Comment